How We Communicate
As we find our way in these challenging times Guidance will be communicating with our students in a few different ways. Please note: We are unable to offer in-person office appointments at this time.
- For individual inquiries we will be emailing students directly to their DSBN student email accounts. Please feel free to include your cell number if you would like to chat. We are happy to meet in-person students in the main foyer for a face to face conversation as well.
- Grades 9, 10, and 11, and 12, we will also communicate with you and your parents by sending all grade emails through ASPEN our Student Management Information System. Students must always check their DSBN email accounts. ASPEN has the ability to email your parent(s)/guardian(s) as well.
- Grade 12 Students and their parents/guardians who have joined the “Graduates – 2022” google classroom will receive notifications directly to their email from our Classroom. Hand-outs, timelines, relevant information, and videos regarding everything from post-secondary planning to voting for your Valedictorian will be posted there. The classroom provides an archived spot where students can look back at information sent to them through the “Stream”.
- Follow us on twitter @SimcoeGuidance for updates on: post-secondary opportunities, scholarships, opportunities for Governor Simcoe students outside of our walls, and many other relevant Guidance related topics. If you are not on twitter you can view our feed here - @SimcoeGuidance Twitter Feed
- Visit the Guidance Event Calendar on our Guidance drop down - Guidance Event Calendar
We look forward to working with each of our students!