(905) 934-4006 15 Glenview Avenue, St.Catharines, L2N 2Z7

1 - How do I make a guidance appointment?

Come in to the Guidance Office and complete a green REQUEST FOR APPOINTMENT Slip. Slips are kept on the corner of the Guidance Secretary's desk. Complete the sheet and place it to the back of the file holder. An appointment will be made for you and the green slip will be given to your period 1 teacher the next day with your appointment time on it. Your teacher will give you the slip and be sure to tell the teacher whose class you will be missing that you have an appointment and show him/her the slip. Bring your green slip with you to the appointment and a counsellor will sign it at the end of your appointment so that you can use it as an admit slip to re-enter class.


2 - What if myself or my friend has a problem and needs to talk to someone right away?

Counsellors are always available and have access to resources in the community if necessary. Let the Guidance Secretary know that you need to see someone immediately.


3 - How do I drop or change a class?

Each situation is treated individually based on grade level, academic progress, attendance, and teacher and parent input. Make an appointment with a guidance counsellor to review your situation. Senior Students see the link for Full Disclosure.


4 - How do I get a copy of my Ontario Student Transcript?

If you have left Governor Simcoe within the past 5 years call the Guidance Secretary at Simcoe and allow 5 days for processing (905) 934-4006. If you left Simcoe more than 5 years ago please contact the District School Board of Niagara and ask to speak with Transcript Services (905) 641-1550.


5 - How do I make an appointment with any of the support staff?

See either a secretary in the main office or a member of the Guidance staff to book an appointment with the youth counsellor, the social assistance worker, or the school nurse. Please note that support staff are not in every day but do have a weekly schedule of visits to Governor Simcoe.