If your student is currently a DSBN student and lives within the Governor Simcoe boundary area and they wish to attend Governor Simcoe, all they need to do is complete their online course selections via Career Cruising and submit their signed Course Request Sheet to their Elementary School Principal by January 8, 2021.
If you are a:
DSBN Student - NOT Living in Governor Simcoe Boundary
If your student is currently a DSBN student and they do NOT live within the Governor Simcoe boundary area but wish to attend our school, they will:
1. Complete their online course selections for their home secondary school with their Grade 8 teacher.
2. Complete an Alternate School Request Form available from your Elementary Principal. The form includes generic course selections for compulsory grade 9 courses; if approved, the requested secondary school will contact the parent and student to confirm optional courses.
All of this must be submitted to the elementary school Principal by January 8, 2021.
Application for an Alternate School does not guarantee approval. Students who are approved through this process are responsible for their own transportation. Alternate School Requests will be reviewed by a DSBN Central Team.
Students New to the DSBN
Please refer to the DSBN SCHOOL LOCATOR to determine your DSBN boundary secondary school. Once you have determined your home school, please read below.
If you would like to attend Governor Simcoe and:
You reside “INSIDE” our Governor Secondary School boundary
- Please complete the Grade 9 Course Selection sheet (link below) for Governor Simcoe- Principal's signature is NOT required.
Course Selection - English - outside DSBN or Course Selection - French Immersion - outside DSBN
Please complete the DSBN Student Registration Form - DSBN Student Registration Form
- Permission to Communicate Form – Permission to Communicate Form 2020-2021
- Photocopy of Birth Certificate
- Photocopy of Grade 7 FINAL Report Card
- Photocopy of most recent Grade 8 Report
- Identification with proof of address.
- ALL completed documents (1-7) must be emailed to email@example.com NO LATER than Friday, January 8th, 2021.
You reside “OUTSIDE” of our Governor Simcoe boundary
Please reach to the Principal of your boundary DSBN home secondary school. The principal will provide you with the Alternate School Request Form that you will need to complete in order to apply to Governor Simcoe. You will receive this form electronically. The Alternate School Request Form must be completed and submitted NO LATER than Friday, January 8th, 2021.
You reside “INSIDE” our Governor Secondary School boundary BUT you are requesting another DSBN secondary school
Email Governor Simcoe Principal, Cheryl.Mancuso@dsbn.org for the appropriate Alternate School Request Form. You will receive this form electronically. The Alternate School Request Form must be completed and submitted NO LATER than Friday, January 8th, 2021.
If you have any questions regarding the registration process, please contact Governor Simcoe Principal, Cheryl Mancuso at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.